This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Westray Mine disaster, which killed 26 coal miners on 9 May 1992. In remembrance, our Throwback Thursday piece examines the working world of the children who toiled in Nova Scotia’s coal mines around the turn of the twentieth century.
- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Claire Campbell reviews Chet Van Duzer and Lauren Beck’s Canada before Confederation: Maps at the Exhibition
- Edward MacDonald Reviews Mark R. Leeming’s In Defense of Home Places: Environmental Activism in Nova Scotia
- Erin Morton reviews Maudie
- CFP: Edited Collection on Cape Breton
- Encounter in the Northeast: A Reconsideration of Early Language Barriers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.