This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Westray Mine disaster, which killed 26 coal miners on 9 May 1992. In remembrance, our Throwback Thursday piece examines the working world of the children who toiled in Nova Scotia’s coal mines around the turn of the twentieth century.
- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Allan J. MacEachen and Cape Breton Island: A Transient Legacy?
- Jason Hall reviews Jeffers Lennox, Homelands and Empires: Indigenous Spaces, Imperial Fictions, and Competition for Territory in Northeastern North America, 1690-1763
- ACS Conference Deadline Extension!
- Reflections on writing Maroon and M’ikmaq History
- Table of Contents for the latest issue of Acadiensis
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.