This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Westray Mine disaster, which killed 26 coal miners on 9 May 1992. In remembrance, our Throwback Thursday piece examines the working world of the children who toiled in Nova Scotia’s coal mines around the turn of the twentieth century.
- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Peter Toner reviews Anna Kearney Guigné’s The Forgotten Songs of the Newfoundland Outports: As Taken from Kenneth Peacock’s Newfoundland Field Collection, 1951-1961.
- Throwback Thursday: Robert McIntosh, “The Boys in the Nova Scotian Coal Mines: 1873-1923”
- No ordinary teacher: A remembrance of Terry Punch
- Andrew Parnaby reviews Andrew Molloy and Tom Urbaniak, eds. Company Houses, Company Towns: Heritage and Conservation
- Canada: The Story of Us panel discussion
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.