- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Allan J. MacEachen and Cape Breton Island: A Transient Legacy?
- Jason Hall reviews Jeffers Lennox, Homelands and Empires: Indigenous Spaces, Imperial Fictions, and Competition for Territory in Northeastern North America, 1690-1763
- ACS Conference Deadline Extension!
- Reflections on writing Maroon and M’ikmaq History
- Table of Contents for the latest issue of Acadiensis
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Category Archives: Tribute
The 2016 Atlantic Canada Studies Conference, held at Mount Allison University, featured a number of tributes to Ernie Forbes. We plan to publish these tributes in the coming months. Here is the first one – John Reid’s remembrance. By John … Continue reading
Everyone at Acadiensis was saddened to hear of the passing of Ernest Forbes last week. In addition to being a forceful advocate for the Atlantic region, Ernie was a friend, a colleague, and a mentor to all of us at … Continue reading
On June 30, 2015, David Frank retired from the University of New Brunswick Department of History. Over his 35-year career at UNB he supervised over 30 MA and PhD students, and was the editor of Acadiensis from 1981-1986, 1991-1994 and … Continue reading