- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Canada: The Story of Us panel discussion
- Harper Relief
- Book Review: Neil S. Forkey on Edward MacDonald, Joshua MacFadyen, and Irené Novaczek, eds., Time and a Place: An Environmental History of Prince Edward Island.
- 19th Annual History Across the Disciplines Conference at Dal: Contested Space: Navigating Perspectives of Place, Personhood and the Pas
- “What is Canadian Studies?” #GenYAsksY and the Classroom of Canada
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Category Archives: Tribute
The 2016 Atlantic Canada Studies Conference, held at Mount Allison University, featured a number of tributes to Ernie Forbes. We plan to publish these tributes in the coming months. Here is the first one – John Reid’s remembrance. By John … Continue reading
Everyone at Acadiensis was saddened to hear of the passing of Ernest Forbes last week. In addition to being a forceful advocate for the Atlantic region, Ernie was a friend, a colleague, and a mentor to all of us at … Continue reading
On June 30, 2015, David Frank retired from the University of New Brunswick Department of History. Over his 35-year career at UNB he supervised over 30 MA and PhD students, and was the editor of Acadiensis from 1981-1986, 1991-1994 and … Continue reading