- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Peter Toner reviews Anna Kearney Guigné’s The Forgotten Songs of the Newfoundland Outports: As Taken from Kenneth Peacock’s Newfoundland Field Collection, 1951-1961.
- Throwback Thursday: Robert McIntosh, “The Boys in the Nova Scotian Coal Mines: 1873-1923”
- No ordinary teacher: A remembrance of Terry Punch
- Andrew Parnaby reviews Andrew Molloy and Tom Urbaniak, eds. Company Houses, Company Towns: Heritage and Conservation
- Canada: The Story of Us panel discussion
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Category Archives: Nova Scotia
This article originally appeared at Borealia and is reposted here with their permission. by Alexandra L. Montgomery When Samuel Doty put in to Mirligueche Bay in Nova Scotia for water on 25 August 1726, everything still seemed to be going … Continue reading
by Meaghan Beaton Nina Cohen was a well-known community activist from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, who dedicated herself to many social reform and cultural causes throughout the province from the 1930s-70s. While she was best known for her work with … Continue reading
by Don Nerbas Sean Cadigan recently delivered the seventeenth annual J.B. McLachlan Memorial Lecture at Cape Breton University. The event is scheduled to coincide with announcement of the recipient of the J.B. McLachlan Scholarship. Funded by the McLachlan family and … Continue reading
by Margaret Conrad I take some pleasure in seeing “Planter Nova Scotia” mentioned in various publications. While the term “planter” was occasionally applied to the immigrants from New England who settled in the old colony of Nova Scotia (which included … Continue reading
This post was originally published on ActiveHistory.ca. We are re-posting it here because we feel its analysis of the Nova Scotia NDP would be of interest to our readers. —– By Lachlan MacKinnon Canada, the United States, and the U.K. … Continue reading