- Welcome to the Acadiensis Blog. We are a forum for historians of Atlantic Canada to share their ideas and thoughts about Atlantic Canadian history and methods with each other and the public at large.
- Peter Toner reviews Anna Kearney Guigné’s The Forgotten Songs of the Newfoundland Outports: As Taken from Kenneth Peacock’s Newfoundland Field Collection, 1951-1961.
- Throwback Thursday: Robert McIntosh, “The Boys in the Nova Scotian Coal Mines: 1873-1923”
- No ordinary teacher: A remembrance of Terry Punch
- Andrew Parnaby reviews Andrew Molloy and Tom Urbaniak, eds. Company Houses, Company Towns: Heritage and Conservation
- Canada: The Story of Us panel discussion
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Category Archives: Politics
This post is being co-published with the fine folks at Borealia. by Jerry Bannister In March I had the pleasure of attending the Pierre Savard conference at the University of Ottawa. I was asked to give a talk on the … Continue reading
by Jeff MacLeod Justin Trudeau evoked the spirit of Wilfrid Laurier by referencing his ‘sunny ways’ sentiment during his party’s victory speech on Oct. 19. “Sunny ways” suggests an alternative to confrontational and divisive politics. Laurier mentioned it in the … Continue reading